Optical sub-systems for airborne platforms have demanding tolerances. These assemblies must be able to survive and perform within performance specifications after experiencing large temperature and pressure swings, particle bombardment, intense vibration and shock.
Raytheon ELCAN helps customers solve complex challenges with:
- Head up displays
- Cockpit camera lenses
- Laser designators
- Multi-modal seekers
- Passive airborne warning systems
- Thermal imagers
- FLIR systems
- Target acquisition systems
- Cockpit and flight simulator Projectors
Land-based vehicles and sub-systems operate in tough, high-shock environments. Optical sub-systems have to see through little or no light, sand, fog and rain and perform under hostile conditions with high accuracy and range repeatability.
Raytheon ELCAN designs, manufactures and tests rugged, reliable opto-electronic/opto-mechanical systems to survive the harshest environments.
- Thermal imagers
- High precision LiDAR assemblies
- Focusing optics
- Dome assemblies
- Laser rangefinder optical subassemblies
- Long-range imaging systems
- Infrared, visible and laser imagers/telescopes
Man-portable platforms present a unique set of requirements for optical sub-assemblies and systems. These platforms must be rugged, reliable and highly accurate in lightweight, compact packages.
- ELCAN Specter® Sights is our only branded product. These sights are rugged, reliable optical weapon sights designed for extreme environments that have been chosen by elite allied forces around the globe.
- Thermal weapon sights
- Portable launch unit assemblies
Reducing size, weight, power consumption and cost (SWaP-C) without sacrificing performance is the ultimate objective for the design and manufacture of opto-electronic/opto-mechanical sub-systems for space. This includes high surface-finish mirrors and telescopes, laser and infrared crosslinks and high precision imaging systems.
- Earth observation systems
- High surface-finish mirrors
- Laser and infrared crosslinks